Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, March 27, 2007


The other day I woke up from a dream. I don't remember what the dream was about, but I woke up thinking how unfair it is that two of the Beatles are dead, but all four Golden Girls are still kicking. Not that I wish death upon Bea Arthur, but you know.

Hey, look at that. It's my old template! I sort of owe it all to Dave Lozo. Thanks, Dave.

One of the things I thought I was going to miss most about living in and around New York was the celebrity sightings. I mean, besides Drew Carey, what celebrities would be in Cleveland? Surely, it could be no match for Madonna, Tom Brokaw, John Kerry and the chick from Amelie.

Boy was I wrong!

Since I have been to Cleveland, I have been in the same room as the following celebrities:

  • The tight ends coach for the Cleveland Browns
  • A white basketball player
  • The lady who played Fay on Wings



I can smell your jealousy!

So yeah, Tania and I were out to dinner a couple of months ago and we were sitting next to the tight ends coach of the Cleveland Browns. Yes, THE tight ends coach. I am not often starstruck, but I could barely eat my dinner. I just kept staring.

Then a month or so later, we were at a bar (me and Tania... not me and the tight ends coach) and a really tall white guy walked in. I was pretty sure he was a basketball player, but I couldn't be sure. But then a really tall black guy walked in and hugged him. Confirmed! So I guess that makes two basketball players. One black, one white. Cleveland is a melting pot.

And then just the other day, the best celebrity sighting ever: Fay from Wings. Her full name on the show was apparently Fay Evelyn Schlob Dumbly DeVay Cochran. Saw her having breakfast at the very same restaurant I was at. She walked by me a few times and all I could do was say, "Wings. Wings!" She didn't hear me. Or maybe she did, but I am sure she gets that all the time.

So take that, New York!

Oh, a couple of weeks ago, Tiki Barber was at a bar across the street from where I live. I was sleeping, though. But big deal. Tiki Barber? Give me Fay Evelyn Schlob Dumbly DeVay Cochran any day of the week.

Labels: , ,

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006