Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, July 16, 2006


At my cousin's wedding a couple of months ago, after someone would take a photo, my cousin Bob would say, "Oh, that's one for the board." The board he was referencing was the board of photos they put next to the coffin at wakes. I found that pretty funny.

I would like complete control over my board. So I have set up my own board over at Flickr. It isn't complete. This is just the start. It's going to be a huge board. Tania told me this is pretty morbid, which I guess it is, but I am just helping out my loved ones. No one likes planning funerals. I am just making it a little easier.

Here are some favorites.

This one has already been blogged about. Sort of. It's of Rich and I receiving tickets for open containers. How awesome is it that Rich is wearing a lei? I'd say pretty awesome.

busted in wrightsville beach

This is me clicking my heels at Silver Dollar City in Branson, Missoura. My sister and I were waiting for friends of hers, so we took a lot of pictures of each other doing things in front of the Silver Dollar City sign.

so happy to be at silver dollar city

This is of my friend Rick and I in Telluride, Colorado. A bunch of us rented a house there for the week, and Rick and I had to share a bed. We are very close. Anyway, they had all these books in the room, and these two gigantic Adolf Hitler books. We thought it would be funny if we got a picture of us reading them in bed. I think it was kinda funny. Nice beard, right?

bedtime reading

So I am a little bored tonight and I've been playing around with my blog and with Flickr. You can see the little Flickr thing to the left there. So now you can click on it and see all of my photos. Like this past Friday where I decided to go on a hike in really hot weather. I was sweating like my dad. Seriously. My dad can sweat.

i don't know what jill is doing here

That's Jill, raising the fucking roof. We thought because we saw a flag that we had reached the summit. That's why we are so happy. Little did we know that we would be doing lots more climbing. It was seriously the most difficult hike I have ever done. Lots of climbing up rocks. I thought I was going to die. Luckily, I didn't. Otherwise I would have had no creative control over my funeral board.

I read some other blogs that I haven't read in a while. And as usual, BlabberMouse had me laughing quite a bit. Especially with her description of giving birth:

And while some women have described natural childbirth as “a miraculous and overwhelming wave sensation,” I’d liken it more to “Satan in a mesh trucker hat, driving an 18-wheeler out of your asshole. Sideways. In an electrical storm.” Only much more painful.

Oh, one more thing. I also realized that I had those Greatest Hits over there on the left, which haven't been updated in about two years. If anyone has any favorites they'd like to see added, I might update that shit. So email me if you have a favorite or two.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006