Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, July 07, 2009


It has been almost two months since I last blogged. Sorry. You can follow me on the Twitter for more frequent and much smaller updates.

So what happened? Steve McNair killed Michael Jackson in a murder-suicide. Pretty crazy.

I had a lot of thoughts on this Michael Jackson thing, but who cares? I thought the whole thing was completely overblown and ridiculous, so I decided to not pay attention. That's all I can say.

You don't come here for my Michael Jackson thoughts, do you? No, you come here to see if I've updated. Then you leave. Oh, I found something I posted a long time ago about MJ. You can read that.

The other day I'm walking home, and I see this dude. He is eating a sandwich of some sort, possibly a wrap, with one hand, then he starts trying to text message with the other hand. This could be a challenge for anyone while walking, but this dude was riding a bike. If you are going to ride a bike in a downtown area, even if it is just Cleveland, you need at least one hand.

So obviously his plan didn't work so well. Maybe he was trying to update his Facebook status or Twitter page. @coolbikedude69 got a sweet chicken wrap from the deli and riding my bike. You know, it's important to know these things about your friends. But anyway, his front wheel starts to wobble and he has to stop. Then he slaps his handle bars. Like it was his bike's fault for not complying.

"Hey bike. I'm going to be a douche bag and eat this sandwich and Tweet about it. Take it from here. BIKE GO HOME NOW."

I assume that last part was because he thought his bike was voice activated.

What else has happened? I jumped out of a plane and then puked. Now I know that Tilt-A-Whirls and skydiving make me want to vomit. If I had to do one again, though, I'd jump from a plane.

Cleveland seems to be turning into a real city all of the sudden. I've seen things recently that I only ever used to see in New York. Guy peeing on the sidewalk! Gay rollerbladers! Um, the bike thing up there! I think that's it! But that's a lot for Cleveland! Oh, heard some people speaking French. What's up with that? In Cleeeeveland? Never!

Oh crap! I forgot there is a Michael Jackson candle light vigil going on at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame right now. So I have to go. Tomorrow there will be a vigil and a memorial for no more Michael Jackson coverage. What will CNN do? That Iran shit is over.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006