Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, April 26, 2005


So yeah, I've seen Madonna, William Hung, Tom Brokaw, and a few other celebrities over the last few years, but none got me more excited than the man I saw on Monday afternoon on my way to work...

Shooter McGavin. Also known as Christopher McDonald, but to those of us who watched Happy Gilmore way too many times in college, he will always be Shooter McGavin.

Shooter: I eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast.

Happy: You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?


Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera when I saw him, and my phone was dead, so no camera phone picture for me. He was on the E train and was looking at the map. I wanted to help him, but I would probably just keep calling him Shooter and he'd be all pissed and say something like, "You know, I'm a very accomplished stage actor and I've done numerous other films."

Then I'd just go, "Shooter!" and do that thing where he shoots the hole after he sinks a putt.



And you know what else I really liked about him? He was riding the subway with the commoners. So now when anyone starts talking about Shooter, I can be like, "You know what? He's a real down to earth kind of guy. Rides the subway and needs to check the map, just like the rest of us." But he was wearing sunglasses on the train. That was pretty queer.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006