Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, August 02, 2004


I have no interest in seeing M. Night Sham's new movie. His gimmick is old. When you have someone who has a "surprise" ending for every movie, the surprise wears off. Instead you spend the whole movie sitting there wondering what the surprise will be.

I just had a feeling I've typed something similar to this once on this blog, and I have. I'm starting to repeat myself.

I find it kind of odd that this terror alert is so specific. If they did pick up this chatter that mentioned these buildings, couldn't the terrorists just be like, "OK, they know which building we wanted. Go after another one."

Or the terrorists could have been making codes and been like, "When I say the Prudential building in Newark, I really mean the Financial Center in New Orleans."

I don't know. I don't mind when they raise the terror alert, but this doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But I guess that's why I'm not the Secretary of Homeland Security. I was pretty close to getting that job. I didn't write a thank you note after my interview though. Totally blew it. George W. Bush is big on things like that.

I'm sick of these terror alerts being in NY. Like my sister Christina said a couple of years ago, "Why don't they bother the west coast? California's just sittin' pretty out there." Lucky bastards.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006