Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, September 03, 2009


I have never been more ashamed of my hometown, my home state, and my country. I have no words to describe what happened at this "town hall" in Red Bank, NJ (not technically my hometown, but right next to it... and I was born there!) about a week or so ago. You may have already seen this or read about it, but if you haven't, please do:

Can there be any room for a centrist at a health care reform town hall meeting














OK, I guess I have one word to describe this, which would have to be "BOOOOO!!!"

I mean, they are booing this woman who is pouring her heart out about the medical bills she has to pay. Then they boo her when she mentions her mortgage, because people now think that anyone who has a high mortgage was an idiot for ever buying a house when they shouldn't have. Well, who knows when this woman bought her house? Who knows when she became ill? This could happen to everyone. It's the American Dream, right?

It's not that they booed a woman in a wheelchair. Hell, Dick Cheney was in a wheelchair at Obama's inauguration, and I would have taken a crap in his lap if I could have. It's that they didn't listen to her. The instant they realized she was pro-reform, she was shouted down. It didn't matter what else she had to say.

Full disclosure, I am for health reform, but something other than what's being offered. I think, so far, Obama has dropped the ball on this one. He's too hands off and needs to get his hands dirty. I think he's about to do that, but it might be too little, too late.

Also, to be clear, I am pro-death panels, as long as I get to be on the death panel, and as long as all of the people in that video are up for, um, Death Paneling.

How many bands, by the way, have probably changed their name to The Obama Death Panels? I know I would.

I am really scared of the Glenn Becks of the world. I guarantee you that if you polled that audience, 95% of the angry booing people watch Glenn Beck. He's a fucking nutjob.

Anyway, sorry for the lame blog post. I was going to post this link to Facebook, but had too much to say, I guess. So there you have it.

To recap:

People in New Jersey are assholes
I'd shit on Dick Cheney
The Obama Death Panels is a good band name
Obama has been stinky so far
Whoever boos loudest wins
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006