Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, May 06, 2007


I live across the street from this place called Adult Mart. It is not a place to purchase adults. It is a sex shop. It used to be somewhat discreet and not all that noticeable, but a few months ago, things must have been good for Adult Mart and they bought a brand new, in your face sign that you just can't avoid. I have been meaning to take a picture of it, but it's kind of weird to stop in front of a sex shop and take photos.

Hey, they have a web site! Um, of course that link is not safe for work. Unless you work at Adult Mart. I like how it says "Discreet Online Shopping" but the first thing on there is a picture of a vibrator and says "Description: Soft clitoral stimulating rabbit has powerful vibrating ears." Nothing says discretion like powerful vibrating ears!

There is a bar right next to it that I frequent. One day I was sitting on their front patio and these somewhat older dudes were sitting at the next table. Probably in their early forties. Anyway, one of the guys wanted to smoke but he couldn't find a lighter anywhere. So he says to his pal, "I'm going to check in Adult Mart. You need any dildos or big fists?" That made me giggle. It wouldn't be nearly as funny if he hadn't thrown in the big fists.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006