Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, January 09, 2007


After Jeremy Shockey's helmet losing play and the same thing happening to a Florida defender last night, I would like to petition the NFL to do away with helmets. They aren't necessary and make the game more dangerous. All those dangerous helmet to helmet hits? They will be gone under my NFL.



Or wait. Maybe this is a better idea. Because it is exciting and nerve wracking when a player loses a helmet, the new rule should be that three players from each team must always be helmetless.

For some reason, I woke up with a most awful song in my head this morning. It was such a bad song that I actually tried to get "This is our country" song to get stuck, because that usually gets very stuck, thank you very much NFL football. The song I had in my head this morning is a song I have probably not heard since it was done at a fifth grade lip synch. It is by this dumb ass band called The Jets and it's called "Crush On You".

I don't know if it was in a dream or what. The only reason I know who sings that song is this:

In fifth grade, my elementary school was burying a time capsule. We were told to put crap in there and write some shit. I remember this girl Jessica Henderson had to write who was popular in music that year (1985). One of the bands she wrote was The Jets. I was all, "Who the fuck are The Jets? That's a football team, dumb girl." With the exception of the word "fuck" and the second sentence, that quote is verbatim. Anyway, she told me that they were the coolest shit ever and were a great band. And that is why I know who The Jets are.

Oh, so I am telling this to Tania this morning and she tells me she has never heard of them. The first thing I did when I got to work was check to see if there was some asshole who was lame enough to create a Wikipedia entry on the worst pop group in the history of shit, and sure enough, that asshole exists. And in case you were wondering what they looked like, here is a photo. I am not positive, but I think that sweater on the upper right died of AIDS in 1987.



I leave you with some Norm MacDonald.

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006