Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, December 31, 2006


A lot of my friends right now either have a baby or two or a baby on the way. That seems very grown up to me. Here is where I am in my life:

Yesterday, Tania and I were at a restaurant, the kind where you place your order, then get a number, then they yell out your number and you go to pick up your food. We got our food, I forget our number, but as we sat there, they kept calling out numbers.

61!

We ate.

62!

More eating.

63! 64! 65! 66!

We were just about done with our food and I said to Tania, "We have to wait until they yell out 69. I want to giggle."

So Tania was OK with it and she kind of laughed, but I could also see a thought run through her head, which was probably something along the lines of, "I've made a huge mistake."

Anyway, they yelled out 68 and we waited. They didn't seem close to yelling out the number I wanted to hear, so I decided we should leave. I walked slower than normal to the door, and they still didn't yell. Just as we walked out the door, I heard "69!" I gave a patented Bill fist pump and we went on our way.

Perhaps as we enter this new year, this 2007, I will grow up a bit and not giggle every time I hear 69. But I doubt it. I can't wait until I turn 69-years-old. That is going to be the funniest year ever.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006