Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, October 30, 2006


Hi. Remember me?

A couple of posts ago, I mentioned I was moving to Cleveland. This is true. My job is heading on out there, and in the spirit of adventure and wanting to stress out more and die of a heart attack at the age of 33, I am going with it.

I have thought long and hard (gross) about this decision, and my main problem with leaving was that this move seriously cuts down on my chances of ever being on Cash Cab. Oh well.

Anyway, I can go for a year and if I hate it, I will move back. I have been telling people that if I do hate it, no big deal. It will just be known in conversation as "that fucking year I lived in Cleveland."

Anyway, you are all welcome to visit. Except you.

I would like to take this moment and speak to my future neighbors. The residents of Ohio. This Election Day, you have a choice. The choice to make Ohio a smoke-free state. You know, as far as restaurants and bars go. Cleveland, I implore you to make this happen.

When New York was first toying with the idea, I was like, "Yeah, sure. No big deal. I am not a smoker so it doesn't affect me." I just didn't care. But let me tell you something, Ohio, smoke-free bars kick motherfucking ass. Except for the ones that smell like shit, and smoke covered up that smell. But for the most part, smoke-free is awesome.

You can wear the same clothes the next day because you don't smell like, well, like a bar. Your hangovers are way better. Pay attention to your throat the next time you wake up after being in a smoky bar. It hurts. Well, with a smoke-free bar, that doesn't happen. All you have is a pounding headache and a person next to you whose name you can't recall. But you won't smell like smoke! I would say that over the last two years since I have been going to smoke-free bars, I have gotten way less sick. Sure, maybe I should be going to bars a lot less, but that's a blog for another day.

Anyway, learn the issues and the difference between Issue 4 and Issue 5. Issue 5 is for a Smoke Free Ohio and Issue 4 is for a Smoke Less Ohio, which is something supported by the Tobacco Industry, so you know it's not good.

So vote yes on Issue 5.

I moved to New York in 2002 and smoking was banned in 2003. Then I moved back to New Jersey in 2005 and smoking was banned early in 2006. Now I am moving to Ohio in 2006 and smoking might be banned by 2007. I am not saying I have some sort of bizarre power. I'm just sayin'.

So anyway, make it happen Ohio. Thanks.



I like how the smoker's lung looks kind of like it has some cajun seasoning on it. Makes me kind of hungry for Chili's.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006