Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, May 12, 2006


So I traveled down to Philly yesterday to watch the Mets play the Phillies. As far as games go, it kind of sucked because the Mets lost and it was a rain shortened game (they played exactly 4 1/2 innings - all you need to make it official). I did get to see Aaron Rowand break his nose on an amazing catch in the first inning, which was cool to see, but the catch cost the Mets the game.

I went with my pa. We realized we hadn't been to a Mets game together since 1986. We saw the Mets lose in Game 4 of the NLCS against the Astros. I don't remember much, except for it being way too cold for baseball. And we were in the second to last row of the stadium. We could punch the underbelly of the airplanes flying overhead.

Anyway, the Mets did win the World Series that year, so maybe this is a good omen.

DSC03736

I have a picture of my dad at the game eating nachos, but this one from his 40th birthday is way more awesome. As you can see, he is 40 and sporty. I am not sure what the deal is with the soda bread cake or whatever that is. I'll have to ask my mom.

dad cake

Oh, as I was leaving the game, there were two guys outside selling shirts that said, "Dallas sucks. T.O. swallows."

You stay classy, Philadelphia.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006