Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, February 16, 2006


So Sarah, the gal who dubbed me Lady Toole, has "tagged" me. For those of you not in the know, being tagged means someone wants you to participate in this thing called a meme. I think that means "me me." Like, this is all about me. I think. I don't know. I didn't know what LOL meant for quite a long time, so I might be wrong.

Anyway, this next post is all about me. Me.

Four jobs I’ve had:

Cab driver. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that here on this blog. But yeah, I used to drive a cab in and around Middletown, NJ. I was young and I needed the money.

Token guy at Chuck E. Cheese. Yeah, another great job. I was like a king. I had tokens that I could give out to little kids at will. I was supposed to give them out when a kid would lose a token or if the games wouldn't work. But I used my own judgment. If I saw a kid getting made fun of by another kid, I'd give that loser kid some tokens. Or if I saw a kid who was really bad at Skeeball, I'd give them a few extra tokens. You need to be a good Skeeballer growing up in NJ, so I tried to help out the bad kids. I was like the Robin Hood of Chuck E. Chese.

Parking guy at Garden State Arts Center. My favorite day was when my co-worker Chris, threw a parking cone at a car full of Phish fans.

Drove a ferry boat at Disney World. Best job I ever had.

Four Movies I can watch over and over:

Groundhog Day. I like to say a prayer and drink to world peace.

Three Amigos. So I just wait here then?

Shawshank Redemption.

Rushmore.

Four Places I’ve Lived:

Middletown, NJ. My homeland.

Brooklyn, NY. In Williamsburg. Hipsterland.

Lake Buena Vista, FL. If you knew where to go each night, you never had to spend more than $1 on a beer.

Glassboro, NJ. Where I went to college. From my dorm room, I could see a huge water tower, which said GLASSBORO on it. But at the angle I could read, it said, "ASSBORO."

Four TV shows I love:

Simpsons

Arrested Development

The Sopranos

Mr. Show

Four places I’ve vacationed:

Lake Tahoe

Telluride, Colorado

Whistler, British Columbia

Tennesee. I've been to Dollywood, motherfuckers.

Four of my favorite dishes:

I really like food. I can't think of four of my favorite dishes right now. I will tell you that the Kitchen Cafe in Jersey City makes the best burger I've ever tasted. It's the Cajun Burger. So if you are ever vacationing in Jersey City, go there.

Four sites I visit daily:

Unguent. He's a fine blogger, a nice fella, and he's got a shitload of cool links that I would never know of.

And then it's a bunch of boring shit that you don't really care about. Like Netflix, The New York Times, and The Onion.

Four places I would rather be right now:

Drinking in San Francisco.

Skiing in Telluride.

Somewhere I've never been and doing something.

Talking with God about politics and whatnot.

Four bloggers I’m tagging:

I'm going to tag four bloggers that have already done this. Why? Because I don't want to read anymore of these, so I am trying to kill the chain.

Sarah
Bill (He also tagged me, saying I was too cool to do this. Well, screw you William J!
Fussy
Um, I don't know anyone else who has done this. So I will tag myself.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006