Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, January 18, 2006


I noticed a new referring URL on my sitemeter the other day and thought it odd that it was coming from theknot.com. For those who don't know, it is not a web site devoted to an actual knot. Hey, by the way, that was the reason I quit the Boy Scouts. We had like three meetings in a row where we learned how to tie knots. And then I remember getting a schedule of upcoming meetings and there were three more meetings that said the agenda was "More tying ropes and knots." And I was like, "Fuck you scouts!" Interesting side note: four of those scouts hung themselves. The cops were like, "These nooses were done really well." That's a lie, but I'm glad I quit the Boy Scouts. I have no idea how to hang myself.

Anyway, the knot dot com is a web site devoted to those planning weddings. As in "tying the knot." So why would I be getting a referral from them? It was from a discussion group where someone recommended my blog. Here is the link.

So it is very nice and flattering that someone would take time out of their day and write a nice thing about me, but the second sentence in that post is "Every week he gets drunk."

So it made me think, Man, I have a problem!

And I realized this while watching The Price is Right and drinking a beer.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006