Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, September 29, 2005


Wow, I'm getting bad at this whole blogging thing, no?

In case you are wondering why I look so much more mature and closer to my death, it's because I turned 30 on Tuesday. I can honestly say that this is the first birthday where I actually answer "Yes" to when people ask if it feels different to be a year older. Thirty just has a feel to it. I don't know what that feel is, but I feels it! I gots the Thirty in me!

Man, so last night I had the craziest of dreams. The craziest was this one where I was John Elway. I had this old-timey uniform and helmet on. I was yelling at my whole team as we were on a last minute drive to the end zone. I was yelling my head off. Then I got up to the line of scrimmage to call the play, but then I realized that since I wasn't actually John Elway, I didn't know any plays. So I just yelled out, "Two two three three. Hut hut!'

Then I got the ball, dropped back and saw someone open. I threw the pass, thought it was going to be intercepted, but it was one of those perfectly placed passes and it was completed. Who was my receiver? Well, George W. Bush of course. He was just in the middle of the field waving his hands like, "I'm open!" And he was wearing a suit. Weird.

I also had a dream that I once dated Beyonce, way before she was famous, and I had another dream where I was driving in a stolen car with Randy Moss and Terrell Owens. I guess I like football players. And stealing cars. And Beyonce. And playing football with a president that I don't like.

I guess what these dreams mean is that we are all on the same team. Or something. Right?
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006