Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, June 13, 2005


This is a weird story about a 78-year-old man that set himself on fire in Queens. The guy went outside, with help from his walker, went to the middle of the street, doused himself in gasoline and then set himself ablaze.

Of course, here is the unnecessary quote from a "family friend."

"Something like this always makes people surprised."

Really? Ya think?

Hey dude, how's your grandfather doing?

Oh, I guess you didn't hear. He passed away.

Oh man, I'm sorry. How?

He went out to the middle of the street, covered himself in gasoline, then set himself on fire.

My God, I'm so sorry.

Oh no, it's cool. Totally saw it coming.

Oh yeah. Kind of like when your grandmother died of that heroin overdose at a rave, right?

Totally.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006