Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, May 13, 2005


This story about the little plane flying too close for comfort to the White House was very uninteresting to me. But because my commute is long and I read the entire paper now, I read the article today. It was interesting how they talked about Cheney being whisked away to a secure location and Nancy Pelosi literally being lifted out of her shoes. What was even better was the next paragraph:

President Bush, biking with a high school friend at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center in Beltsville, Md., was unaware of the midday, 15-minute scare as it was occurring.

This guy is still our fucking president! He was biking with a high school friend! Unaware that DC was on a Code Red. Unaware.

He probably got back to the White House, all out of breath from riding his bike and was like, "Hey Dick. What's up? You shoulda seen me out there on Air Force 6, heh heh heh, that's what I call my bike. Anyway, it was awesome. I popped this wheelie and then later got some huge air? What'd you do today?"

It's such a fantastic sentence. Read it again.

President Bush, biking with a high school friend at the Patuxent Wildlife Research Center in Beltsville, Md., was unaware of the midday, 15-minute scare as it was occurring.

His daily briefings must be fun.

"OK, how we doin'? Iraq, we winnin'? ... Kind of? Good enough for me. Anyone needs me, I'll be at Six Flags."
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006