Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, May 19, 2005


This morning, at around 8:00, which is like 4 in the morning for normal people, I was disturbed from my sleep by banging. It sounded like the banging was coming from Doug's room, so I wanted to yell, "Yeah Doug! Way to bang!" But it was actually just some guys right outside hammering something to the side of my building. But they must have been right outside of Doug's room, because I definitely thought they were in my apartment.

Anyway, I thought they'd eventually stop, but they just kept going. For hours, just banging on what seemed to be the same spot, over and over again. I felt like they weren't really doing anything productive. It sounded like a bunch of construction workers decided to get together for a little hammer practice.

I realized this was pretty much the first time that my slumber was bothered since I've lived in Queens. Which, to be honest, is kind of boring. When I lived in Brooklyn, there was always something. Which made me blog more often. And here in Queens, I often have to find things to blog about, instead of Brooklyn, where things practically shouted, "Blog this, motherfucker!"

So anyway, I have to move again after June. I'm thinking I'll move to somewhere very dangerous. I want to start more blog entries with the sentence, "So last night I was in another knife fight." This borough they call Queens is way too safe.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006