Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, May 10, 2005


i FINALLY GOT MY FIRST PIECE (aahh, caps lock).

Well, no, I didn't finally get my first piece. I got my first piece of hate mail, or hate comments. A fella who goes by the name of Onkroes, in response to me running over a car, said the following:

Your blog is usually very funny, and I didn't comment last time you did this, but just couldn't take it anymore this time - as someone who's had a complete bastard do this to my car, I don't find it funny. It cost me $5,600 to get the bodywork fixed (wing, hood, roof! damage), and I lost my no-claims-discount off my insurance, costing me another $470 the next year.
Funny. Not.

It's one thing laughing at the idiots on Jackass, it's another copying them - when it's you having to find so much money to pay for someone else's stupidity, see how funny you find it.


I'm a complete bastard!

I am sorry, Onkroes, for what someone did to what must be a very expensive car. Or maybe you have a plane. My car doesn't have a wing. Anyway, I've only done this to cabs. Cab drivers lead boring lives. So I'm just helping.

I know you don't find this funny, and there is a good reason for that. You see, you are the victim. It's like when someone slips on a banana peel. They don't find it funny, but everyone else thinks it is hilarious.

But now I promise to never do it again. Not for you, but for my own well-being. I realize that this might one day get me murdered.

And Oh! I was doing this before Jackass was on TV. So, you know, I'm not copying those guys. My idiocy was spawned by the Dukes of Hazzard.

Fight the real enemy!

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006