Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, April 29, 2005


The other day while I was waiting for a PATH train to go to work, this short kind of nutty looking girl white girl with a few missing teeth smoking a cigarette comes up to me and says, "Excuse me, this train is going to 163 St., right?" I thought I misheard because I was taking my headphones off. She didn't even pause and give me that courtesy. "I'm sorry?" I asked. "This train, it's going to 163 St. in the Bronx, right?"

"No," I said. "This is going to Hoboken."

"This is New York, right?"

"Yes, but this train is going to New Jersey. To go to the Bronx, you have to go upstairs and take one of the subways. You want nothing to do with these trains."

After that, I don't know where she went or ended up, but I can say with some certainty, that wherever she is now, she's dead.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006