Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, April 03, 2005


I really feel like writing something today, but I have nothing specific to go on. Just got my typing fingers on.

My clock on my stove is now wrong. By an hour. I am curious to know how long that will last. I mean, in six months it will be right again, so why bother changing? I love springing ahead, despite the loss of an hour, because you save time by only having to adjust your digital clock with one push of a button. Sure, when you fall back, you gain that hour back, but think of all the time you spend adjusting your clocks. So much button pushing!

Of course, I am for never changing the clocks.

I was watching Meet the Press this morning, and it was all pope. They were interviewing lots of priests and religious scholars, and a lot of them said things like, "He was a very holy and spiritual man."

Yeah, he was the pope. I'm pretty sure "spiritual" and "holy" has to be somewhere on your resume. It's right up there with "self-starter."

Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Pontificating.

He was also proficient at forgiving. Forgave the man that shot him. I know forgiving is kind of the pope's "thing", but that's bold. I'm not sure I could forgive someone that shot me. I'd at least hold a bit of a grudge.

Oh well. Peace out pope. Now begins the exciting process of picking the new pope. My choice? Pope Sean John the One, of course.

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006