Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, March 22, 2005


So, what did I do this weekend? Well, for one, I ran over a car. That's right, a human running over a car, and not the other way around. Payback for all those people hit by cars.

running over a cab in queens

Just an FYI, I'm the one on top of the car. If you'd like to see the photo even larger in all its detail, go here. Hopefully, the Nike people will be knocking on my door soon to talk about endorsements.

So yeah, sometimes when I get drunk, I like to run across a car. I am always cautious and make sure that the car is either at a red light that won't be turning green soon, or as is the case of the above photo, I make sure the car is idled and not about to go anywhere. So please, if any kids are reading this, be sure the cars you run over are not going to peel out beneath you.

So like I was saying, I get drunk and run over cars. Usually I do this when no one is expecting it. Like, we'll be about to cross a street and I'll just dart off and run over a cab. Oh yeah, always cabs. That guy up there is one of those livery cabs. So yeah, this time someone mentioned my love for running over cars and so I was like, "Yeah, I'll run over a car." Luckily a person in my posse had a camera and a good eye, so it made for a nice photo.

You can see the guy in the car kind of looks not very phased by the whole thing, but I assure you, he was quite phased when I got down from the back of the car and saw him starting to run after me. So I ran like hell, with my legs all drunk.

I'm 29-years-old.

I'd like to tell you I ran all the way over the Triborough Bridge, but I only got to the next block. He couldn't keep up with me.

So yeah, I think I am going to retire this stunt of mine. That will be the last one. Now that it has been captured on film, or pixels, I can put that baby to bed.

I don't recall when this started, but it happens every so often. I think it might have to do with my boyhood dream of being one of the Dukes of Hazzard. But they always slid across cars, didn't really run over them. Although I'm sure they did once or twice. I also wanted to be a stuntman for a while. But I think I'd have to be a drunk stuntman. If I was ever on a movie set and they needed me to do a stunt, I'd probably ask them to hold off for a few moments while I tighten my buzz.

So yeah, that was my weekend, or at least one very small exciting part of it.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006