Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, February 15, 2005


If there's one thing I should be doing right now, it's sleeping. I'm tired. As usual. I've not been sleeping well, due to some anxiety, but tonight it is mostly due to Mexican food. Not all Mexican food, just the Mexican food I had tonight. Technically, it's Tex-Mex, so I suppose the Texans have to take some of the responsibility here as well. Can't totally blame the Mexicans for this one.

I have a Ganglion cyst on my wrist. Is there an uglier word than Ganglion? It's disgusting. Anyway, I went to this doctor who I was referred to so he could take a look at it. He was this old Polish guy. Plus, he was useless. He said that the cyst was too small to do anything about. I said, "Well, it hurts." He kind of shrugged and said there's not much he can do. I said, "I shouldn't have to put up with pain like this, right? Normally, from what I understand, these aren't supposed to hurt, and if they do hurt, they need to be treated." Again, he shrugged. He asked me what kind of pain I was having. I said, "Well, I can't even do a push-up. It hurts to put pressure on my wrist." He then said, "Well, don't do push-ups."

Thanks for that advice, dick. Can I have my fucking co-pay back? I should have just gone to my dad.

"Let me smash it with a book."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"It's how they did it in the old days. Everything got smashed with a book."

"I'm pretty sure that's not the best way to fix it."

"Yes it is. How do you think you were born? I smashed your mother with a book. Now hand me that dictionary. Unabridged, motherfucker."

Maybe I should just go to my mother for a second opinion, but I'm sure she'll give me her usual, "Son, stop being such a pussy."

So if anyone out there has some medical advice for me, I'd appreciate it.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006