Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, January 23, 2005


All it takes is some Coors Light, a little whisky, and iTunes to make me realize that the 4 Non Blondes song, "What's Up" (is there another) is fucking great.

And I don't think I need to remind you that Coors Light is the COLDEST tasting beer ever!

OH my GOD! This beer is so COLD! How'd they do it!?!?!?!? I love cold beer! It tastes so cold. This beer actually TASTES cold!

I won some money tonight because the Patriots won by more than three points. This was the last bet I made on my Tahoe trip. NEVER bet against the home team if they're not the favorite, they said. I do what I want, I said! And now I won $150 during my trip. That's a nice trip, word?

Word!

There has been some talk this past week at work about a mustache contest. I've got some nice growth, but I'm getting the feeling that my opponents are wussing out. Yes. They are wussing! I don't care. If it's just me come finals time, I'll show my 'stache off to whomever wants it.

Tonight I watched the Fox 5 news because I wanted to see something about Johnny Carson. They talked about the snow for 15 minutes. I'm sorry, but Johnny Carson is bigger than a blizzard. I fucking love Johnny Carson. I love that when he retired, he just fucking retired. He was done. It was such a shock to people, including me, because here was a dude who was on TV every night, then all of the sudden, he said, "Good night," and he meant it. I'm not sure he realized what an effect he had on people.

Am I getting sappy? Maybe a little. He was a funny motherfucker. And he was from Nebraska. Who do you know from Nebraska that is funny? When I worked in Disney World and drove a boat, some random dude asked me where I was from, and I said, "New Jersey."

He said, "Well, obviously not born and raised, right?"

I said, "Um, yeah, I was born there and have lived there all my life."

He said, "Oh."

I said, "Where did you think I was from?"

He said, "I don't know. I would have guessed Nebraska or something."

I almost jumped into the water to drown myself. I was shocked. But if Johnny could come out of 'braska, well, then, maybe that was a compliment. I still don't see it as such, but I'd like to think that maybe it was.

Here is me being happy that the Patriots won.

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006