Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, December 06, 2004


A few months back, when my company announced they were shipping me back over to Jersey City, I was involved in a discussion with a few other co-workers, and we all were speaking of how we were going to find new jobs and live the good life. Towards the end of the conversation, I said, "Whatever. We're all going to be sitting over there in January talking about our shitty commutes."

Well, here it was December 6 and many were talking about our shitty commutes, myself included. It took me about an hour and twenty minutes. I got to listen to an entire mix CD that I burned for my Missouri trip. I think I can make the trip shorter. Just got to get the timing of my train transfers down. And burn more CDs.

I was sitting on the train this morning, and I was thinking about when I should transfer, and it hit me that the voice in my head sounded like a voice over in a movie about a guy that has a boring life. For about twenty minutes, I contemplated where I would transfer.

"Well, I could get off at Lexington, but that station is always so crowded. I guess I could just switch at 57th street. That used to be my stop. I'll probably get nostalgic and start crying there. I'll just take it all the way down to 14th street."

Ugh. Boring. Too much train thinking.

One of the most uplifting things about my new commute is that I get to walk by Ground Zero twice a day. Yay!

Can it get more depressing? Today's weather was also as gloomy as you can get, and it was insanely busy at work.

I shouldn't complain that much. I suppose it could be much more depressing. I've got a job that pays me money and I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geico. For real. I can now drive my car with reckless abandon.

Hmm. I thought I had more interesting things to say today.

I think I need to get a Christmas tree. It's been a while.

The other day I was at a diner. A guy on his Nextel walkie-talkie called up his son (I'm assuming) and said, "You awake?" The son confirmed that he was. The father said, "Then get your ass down here and join me for breakfast."
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006