Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, October 24, 2004


James Taylor did a fine job singing the National Anthem tonight at game 2. My favorite thing about James Taylor is that he used to be a heroin addict. I don't much care for his music, but I like the fact that a fellow like himself can be a heroin addict. He doesn't fit the stereotype. I'm not really sure what the stereotype is. Skinny and naked, I suppose. He's just skinny.

He reminds me of my Uncle Bobby. Only because they are both bald and tall. My uncle never did heroin. As far as I know. And he can't play guitar. As far as I know. I have a vague recollection of him with a harmonica. But I might be wrong. And he can't sing for shit. That I'm pretty sure of. He is one of lots of uncles and distant uncles in my family that would get drunk and sing Polish songs. Not very good at it. They probably won't be singing the National Anthem at game 3. Mainly because Uncle Ziggy and Uncle Stanley are dead. So they probably can't carry a tune. And I don't think Uncle Bobby would fly solo.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006