Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, August 16, 2004


This past weekend, there was a baby crying almost non-stop somewhere in my neighborhood. It was probably within three buildings from me and the parent (if there even was one) must have been outside or close to the window, because I could hear it loud and clear.

It was a torturous cry. I don't know how they put up with this baby. It wouldn't shut the fuck up. I'm curious to know what was making it cry so much. I was a little concerned. As I was listening to it, I thought, I wouldn't be surprised if hear one of those "baby in a dumpster" stories. Horrible thought, but I could see it happening.

As awful as putting a baby in a dumpster is, the phrase, "baby in a dumpster" has kind of a funny ring to it. Like, it could be a segment on a talk show.

"Now it's time for Baby in a Dumpster! And here is your host, A Baby!"
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006