Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, August 12, 2004


My older sister is getting married next weekend. This will be fun.

As children, and now as adults, Christina worries a bit about me. No matter where I go, she says, "Be careful." When the security alert recently went Orange, she told me that I should move out of New York. When I was a kid and would go to mow the lawn, she'd tell me to be careful. I wear my seatbelt because of her.

Anyway, a few years ago, she didn't know where I was. I think I stayed at a friend's house or something, but irresponsible me never phoned home, so she didn't know where I was. I got to work the next day and I had an email from Christina simply saying, "Where are you?" I found this funny, because if there were some sort of emergency, would I have access to email?

Anyway, here is what I replied:

help me. i don't know where i am. these guys asked me
if i wanted candy, and of course i said yes! but now
they have me in a basement somewhere and they look
like they are mad at me. and they have a dog who seems
mad too. all for a twizzler! what have i done? thank
god they gave me this computer, though. i'll keep you
updated, but right now, they look like they are about
to do something with me and the dog.

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006