Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, July 29, 2004


My iTunes decided to randomly play Where is My Mind? by the Pixies. How appropo!

I found out today that my credit check was excellent and if I want this apartment in Queens, it is mine. The problem with this seemingly good news is that when I got this email telling me about my awesome ability to pay bills on time, I was in the middle of a meeting at work in which it was announced we are moving from our humble abode in midtown Manhattan to the barely friendly confines of Jersey City, NJ, which is where I first started at this job. This would make my commute pretty long from Brooklyn. Even longer from Queens.

Gah. I believe this is what I've heard people call a "crossroads" of your life. Perhaps I'll go rent that Britney Spears movie. If anyone can show me the way, it's Brit. Before you know it, I'll marry some boy from the south who has two kids. And somewhere along the way, I'm sure I'll be in a convertible with my arms in the air singing "Walking on Sunshine".

No clue what I want to do right now. I work at a job that I am happy with some of the time, and other times I look up laws about where I can find a gun, because I need it now!!! Tomorrow will be one of those days that I like when I go out with a bunch of co-workers to celebrate the last day of Kevin Jones.

YEAH! Kevin Jones!!! Whooo! What up nigga!!!!

Kevin once mentioned that I don't mention him on my blog. Consider yourself mentioned. Have fun in Jolly Old England. I just noticed that Jolly Old England's acronym would be JOE. Wouldn't that be cool if England changed its name to Joe? Yes it would.

Hey Kevin, have fun in JOE.

That's funny on a couple of levels. Well, only one level I suppose.

So what the fuck do I do about my job? We're talking about me here, not you Kevin. Maybe I can come with?

Motherfucking Jersey City. Just when I thought I was out, it pulls me back in. I can always go back to The Iron Monkey.

/NOTE TO EDITORS: I was kidding about the gun./
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006