Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, July 02, 2004


I, a Mets fan, last night was at the Yankees vs. Red Sox game.

I've made my hatred for the Yankees fairly well known, but last night was one of those games where I was very jealous for not being a Yankees fan. It was an amazing game and all of you people who booed Derek Jeter earlier in the year during his slump, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. If you ever boo that guy again, you should throw yourself in front of the 4 train. His catch last night was great.

In the bottom of the 13th inning, a Red Sox fan stood in front of us. With two outs and nobody on, the Red Sox up by one, she turned around and confidently high-fived another Sox fan. I thought to myself, That's it. You just jinxed it, lady. Game over. Three hits later, Yankee Stadium was insane. You would have thought they not only won the World Series, but also cured cancer and achieved world peace.

I don't much care for Yankee fans (see idiots below), but there was one guy who yelled something awesome. When Pokey Reese, who plays for the Red Sox got up to bat, some guy behind me yelled, "Pokey is NOT a first name!" That made me laugh.

I like when people yell from the outfield to players who are batting. Not just, "Come on, fella! Get a hit!" But when they say specific things. Someone yelled something like "Manny's an asshole (clap clap clapclapclap)!" A better chant would have been, "You can't hear this ((clap clap clapclapclap)!"

Anyway, I took lots of photos with my phone. Perhaps one day I'll put them all on here, but I won't. Here are just a few.

In case you were wondering what an 8 dollar beer looks like, wonder no more! Behold!



This is Bill. He likes hot dogs.



These jerks wear chef hats. Because they like Gary Sheffield. Get it? Chef hats. Sheffield. Brilliant, right? They also did the "We're not worthy" thing a few times. Sports fans are sometimes the most clever people in the world.



This is a photo of what it's like to be a Yankee fan...



And here is a Red Sox fan. Perfect.



And here is a picture of a Mets fan with a camera phone.



All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006