Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, July 26, 2004


I just replied to someone at work with a one word response of "Dammit!" It was not recognized by my automatic spell check. Here are some suggestions they gave:

Damming!
Dammar!
Dammed!
Damning!
Dummied!
Dummies!

My favorite on this list is Dammar! According to Dictionary.com, it is any of various hard resins obtained from trees of the genera Shorea, Balanocarpus, and Hopea, native to southeast Asia and the Malay Archipelago and used in varnishes and lacquers.

If I had changed it to Dammar, I sure would have had a confused email recipient. I also like Dummied!

According to Dictionary.com, Dammit is used to express anger, irritation, contempt, or disappointment.

I was feeling all of those when I sent that email. Blogger also doesn't recognize Dammit!

Dummies!
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006