Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, June 10, 2004


So Ray Charles died. I'm glad Yahoo changed their headline. At first it said, Grammy-Winner Ray Charles Dies At 73. They changed it to Music Legend Ray Charles Dies At 73. When I saw the first headline, I thought to myself, Grammy-Winner? That's all they've got?

Here is a list of some other Grammy winners:

Michael Bolton
D.J. Jazzy Jeff And The Fresh Prince
Hootie & The Blowfish
Coolio
Justin Timberlake
Pink

and last, but not least (and when I say "not least", I of course mean least),

Baha Men (of Who Let the Dogs Out fame)

Yes, Yahoo, you got it right the second time. We've learned that anyone can win a Grammy. But Ray was a legend. His version of America the Beautiful should be our National Anthem. If you don't get chills listening to that, you're a terrorist.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006