Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, June 16, 2004


So the Pistons win the NBA Championship, and one of the top stories on Yahoo right now is Lakers may lose Jackson, Malone, Bryant. Who cares? Well, I guess basketball fans and Lakers fans care. I don't. I'm glad the Lakers lost. I hate the Lakers more than I like basketball.

Here is what I hope for the Lakers:

Phil Jackson actually accepts a coaching job with a team that has mediocre players, not the most dominant players in the world.

Karl Malone tries to latch on to the Pistons in an effort to get his elusive NBA Championship. When that fails, he joins a traveling production of "Rent".

Kobe Bryant is convicted of rape.

I think the Kobe outcome is most likely, because Phil Jackson likes things easy and Karl Malone wouldn't be a good fit in "Rent".

Anyway, nice job, Detroit. And thanks for not rioting.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006