Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, June 15, 2004


Just found out my cat died this morning. He had to be put to sleep. Sam was a good cat. Friendly, easy going, liked to sleep, funnier than Garfield. He reminded me of me.

I will miss little Sammy. He once killed a rabbit on Easter. I like to think it was the Easter Bunny. This picture doesn't do him justice, but it's all I've got. He used to like to sleep in the Christmas villages my mom would put up.



Sam only killed when he wanted to. We originally got him because we figured he'd be able to keep mice away. Cheaper and more effective than an exterminator. So one time my mom and my sister are sitting downstairs watching TV, when a mouse races across the living room. Mom and sister jump on the couch and shriek, and Sam, who was sleeping, opens his eyes about half way and watches the mouse scurry to the other side of the room. He just looked at him and said, "What's up mouse? I'll get you later. Right now, I'm sleeping. Now get outta my face so these ladies quit their yelling."

See ya, Sammy.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006