Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Friday, April 02, 2004


When I was out to dinner with my dad last week, I mentioned to him that my friend Kevin was recently engaged and that he asked me to be in the wedding. My dad then asked me a question that didn't make any sense, then realized he was talking about a different Kevin that was a friend of my sister's. This is weird because there is no way or reason I would ever be in this other Kevin's wedding. I said to my dad, "Kevin. Kevin French. Corvette."

"Oh! Kevin."

Kevin has been a friend of mine for approximately 11 years.

An interesting sidenote, my dad, later in the conversation, started talking about The Apprentice. I've never watched the show, but my dad started telling me all about it, then started rattling off all of the names, including one gal named Mimosa or something like that. But some random ass name. I just found it amusing that he knew about all of these people, but to remember Kevin he had to be reminded of the Corvette.

Sorry Kevin. In my dad's defense though, that car was way cooler and much more memorable than you are.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006