Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, March 09, 2004


Now how could you not want this guy to be president?

"My fellow Americans. Before I get to this State of the Union stuff, here's Peace Train by Cat Stevens. I also promised Senator Shelby I'd play a little Skynyrd, so bear with me. If you are strictly tuning in to hear about politics, I'd say come back in about ten, fifteen minutes. Right on. Here we go!" Later on, he'd get the whole place singing. "Now just the Republicans! OK, just the ladies this time! Hillary, I can't hear you!"

This picture also reminded me of the scene in airplane with the stewardess singing to the sick kid. "There is only one river, there is only one sea. It belongs to you. It belongs to me. There is only one people!"

All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006