Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, February 12, 2004


I'm sitting here watching Friends. I know a lot of people that have always talked about how much they hate this show. I always defended it. "It's a victim of its own success!" I'd say. It's now just a victim of horrible writing and lazy acting. The only clever line in tonight's episode was "I'll be my something blue." Sorry if you didn't see the episode, but I don't feel like explaining the line, but if you saw it, you might agree.

Anyway, it's kind of sad, because I do feel that at one point, this was one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. It's just not anymore. All of the characters are now caricatures. And the only one who seems to put any thought into her lines is Jennifer Aniston. Brad must be giving her acting lessons.

Scrubs. That's where its at. Friends is no longer TV that I must see. I don't even care what happens at the end. Ross and Rachel? Fuck 'em.

During one of the commercials, Chuck Scarborough of NBC Channel 4 News came on for 5 seconds and said, "Should the government know if you've had an abortion? At eleven."

Hell yes! I'd be a freak! If not the government, at least the circus.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006