Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, February 04, 2004


I'd like to say one more thing about Levitra and the Super Bowl, if I may. What I think is more offensive than the Janet thing, or at least should be, are the commercials for Levitra. Before I realized it was a boner drug, I repeatedly saw the old commercial for it, where the guy is in his backyard and he's trying to throw a football through a tire swing. At first, I thought it must be a drug for arthritis or something, because in a lot of those prescription commercials they never really tell you what they're for. "Ask your doctor if the purple pill is right for you." Uuumm. OK. Sure. If you say so.

Anyway, the guy can't throw the ball through the tire. Then he apparently takes Levitra and now he is throwing through the swing with alarming accuracy. "Sign that guy up!" is what a football coach might say. Then his wife comes over to him and is smiling, seemingly happy with her husband's newfound accuracy. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I didn't realize this was supposed to simulate the guy being able to now give it to his wife.

So ladies, check this out. Levitra is comparing your vagina to a tire swing. And the football is a penis that is finally strong enough to get through your tire swing. I find this so odd. He should have been throwing a Nerf ball first, to symbolize his limp biscuit.

Anyway, I just wanted to point that out, the whole tire swing/vagina thing. I rhymed!

I had a dream last night that my number got retired at work. There are two reasons for this. One is that the Rangers are retiring Mike Richter's number tonight, and two, I am so fucking awesome at my job. Four years this month. Four years. Holy crap. It's like high school. I should be graduating. Four years. Good Lord.

By the way, we don't wear numbers at work. If they retired anything, it'd be my initials.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006