Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, February 23, 2004


Friday night, a night which was supposed to be an early one, turned out to be a much drunker one than planned. I had to wake up at around 8:30 on Saturday, so when my stumbling ass got home, I went to set my alarm. I don't recall this part of my night. Anyway, when I woke up on Saturday, I saw that my clock said 9:20. Shit! I'm late. So I get up to go to the bathroom and on my way through the kitchen, I notice that the oven clock says 7:20. Huh?

Apparently, when I went to set my alarm, I accidentally forwarded the time ahead by two hours. Now, instead of fixing the time, I simply adjusted the alarm time to what the corresponding real time would be. Of course, not remembering ever doing this, I would have woken up and saw that my alarm was going off at 10:30, even though it was 8:30. I kind of felt like the guy in Memento. I looked for a tattoo across my chest that said, "You were retarded last night and set your clock wrong. You actually have two more hours than you think. No one killed your wife."

So yes, the mind works in mysterious ways. Especially when there is more beer and vodka getting to your brain than there is blood and oxygen.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006