Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, January 01, 2004


Well, another year gone, another New Year's Day waking up naked, face-down in a puddle.

Which is more overhyped? New Year's Eve or the Super Bowl? I'm going to say New Year's, because the Super Bowl has had two good games out of the last four. It seems to be now that every other year is a good one, so this one should be fun. Go Pats!

My New Year's Eve was spent at a friend's apartment in Queens. It was a nice time, but nothing too extraordinary happened. I remember everything (or at least I think I do), so that's always a good sign.

Two years ago I was driving home on New Year's Day, intolerably hungover, and I had to pull over and vomit on the side of the New Jersey Turnpike. It was right after a toll booth so everyone was going slow enough to see me. They say however you spend your new Year's is an indication on how the rest of your year will go, so I think it is fair to say that 2002 was spent throwing up on the Turnpike.

Remind me again why I drink.

This year I resolve to be a better person. Maybe I'll volunteer somewhere to make my being here worthwhile. But for now I am going to go take an Aleve and watch a movie.

Happy New Year!

Oh! Whoever sent me the Hanson CD, thank you! But who are you??? Please let me know! Peace out!
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006