Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, January 29, 2004


I have these shoes that I wear in the snow. Let me tell you, they are great. I can walk and run over ice with reckless abandon. As I walk to work, I see people looking at me saying, "Wow, either that guy has some great shoes on... or he just doesn't give a fuck!" And I reply back, "Little bit of both, baby. Little o' both."

Then I wink, hop over a puddle, onto a snow bank, jump over a frozen group of tourists and into work I go.

This is where the shoes go downhill. They are absolutely awful inside on a non-carpeted surface. It feels like I'm walking on ice when I'm in my kitchen more than when I'm actually walking on ice. Yesterday in the subway I was sliding all over the place. People look at me as if to say, "Wow, either that guy has some really awful shoes... or he is recovering from a spinal injury."

That's all I have to say. Good day, sir.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006