Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Monday, December 22, 2003


I'd like to welcome the abundance of visitors who have taken the time to visit, courtesy of this fine lady. In the interest of giving you something interesting to read, I'll recommend this post.

I really need to get in the God damn Christmas spirit one of these days. I'm just not feeling it. I tried last night. I turned on the radio station that plays nothing but Christmas music, and the first song on was Mariah Carey. No! Dammit, no! This is not what I want for Christmas.

This will be my first Christmas not spent at the old childhood abode, because that has been sold. I guess I could go there and just walk in the door and pretend I still live there. I'll bring gifts. Maybe they'll accept me the same way the second family on Charles in Charge so freely accepted Charles. But I'm no Scott Baio.

So perhaps that has something to do with my lack of holiday cheer. I won't really be Home for the Holidays. You know what they say, You can't beat home sweet home.

I was just trying to think of a good Christmas story to tell and the first one that popped in my head was from a couple of years ago where I ate so much food that I could actually see my stomach had gotten a lot bigger. I was so full I couldn't fall asleep. About an hour after the last guest had departed (probably Uncle Hank), I stood up, ran to the bathroom and vomited like I've never vomited before.

And that is my Christmas tale.

I'll have to think of something better.

I'm off to do some last minute Christmas shopping for my family. Lexuses for everyone!!!
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006