Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, November 18, 2003


This past November 1st, I was in a restaurant. While in that restaurant, I noticed many things. One of those things was a Christmas song playing in the restaurant. This was November 1st. November fucking 1. 11/01/2003. Or if you are European, 01/11/2003.

I love Christmas music. It makes me want to frolic. But only in December, or at least very late November. This is entirely too early for Christmas music.

There is a radio station in New York that is playing Christmas music 24 hours a day right now. Most stations don't do that until Christmas Eve. This station, as of late, seems to change its format every two minutes. This is the station that was responsible for the Opie and Anthony thing where people had sex in St. Patrick's Cathedral. I'm guessing they feel guilty about that, so to make it up to Jesus, it's nothing but Christmas music. This is like someone singing Happy Birthday to you for two months straight.

This is out of control. It's a time like this where we need the Grinch to steal Christmas, or at least borrow it for a while, then return it to us the day after Thanksgiving.

Until it is colder and December, I will be that Grinch.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006