Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, November 30, 2003


Quite a weird Thanksgiving. It was very noisy and annoying. It usually is noisy and loud, but it is always a fun kind of loud. This year was just a "Aaaaaahhh, get me out of here now!" kind of loud.

My cousin Dawn did nothing but yell at her two kids. These boys are approximately 1-1/2 years old and 2-1/2. Practically babies. But these little fuckers got yelled at like they knew what they were doing. She kept yelling at them about things babies tend to do. "Stop crapping yourself! Stop crying! Why are you crawling like a retard?!?!?" Maybe it wasn't that drastic, but it was close. They were definitely getting yelled at for baby-like things. And I mean yelled at. I was kind of scared. I wanted to yell at her. Tell her, "Look, babies are idiots. They are going to do some stupid shit. They are babies." These kids are never going to know what it's like to have a headache, because they will have a permanent one. It'll be like being kids that are born deaf. They don't realize their handicap.

Other than that, not much happened. Played some football with my cousins. Kicked the shit out of an eleven year old and a 15 year old. It's always the one day of the year I feel like I'm a good athlete.

I'm not sure who made the mashed potatoes, but they should be fined. It was like eating glue dipped in dust. They were terrible.

Thanksgiving is usually my favorite holiday, but not this year. I'll have to hope for a good Christmas. I love the Christmas season, but the day itself is usually a big letdown. It's like the Super Bowl Sunday of holidays. So this year I'll have to make it count. The only thing I was really thankful for this Thanksgiving was getting the hell out of my uncle's house.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006