Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, September 03, 2003


This next post is only for people I work with, so anyone else might not care. But feel free to read it.

That cake is nasty. I think it was soaked in half & half before they gave it to us. Blechh. I'm insulted that I am part of these September celebrations and that is my cake.

I love how Norma will keep talking to you, despite the fact that the elevator door has closed. I always watch for as long as I can to see if she'll stop, but she never does. It's sort of like, "If a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?" Except this is like, If a tree falls, um, on Norma, I guess. No wait. If Norma falls in the forest, does a tree...? No. Hold on. If Norma is in a tree and the tree falls, and you are already on the elevator, will she still ask you how the weather is? Yes, that makes perfect sense. Anyway, Norma rocks.

I love the fact that we get free soda. This is a pretty big perk. Dig this. Let's assume you get a soda/Snapple/orange juice every day. Now, just for argument's sake, let's say that a normal drink costs a dollar (although Snapple or bottles of soda typically cost at least $1.50 in NY). So you are here five days a week for approximately 48 weeks in a year, that's 240 bucks you are saving. Tax free! Plus there's free coffee. So you add that on to your salary and you are practically into the next tax bracket. The free soda makes this job all worth it. Plus, the office gossip is awesome! The gossip value alone is like getting an extra $2,000 a year.

OK. I'm done. Don't touch the cake.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006