Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Sunday, August 10, 2003


Last night I found myself watching a Freddy Prinze Jr. movie on ABC. That's correct, I found myself doing this. I was like, "Mike! What the hell are you doing? That's a Freddy Prinze Jr. movie, you ass! Thank God I found you!" Despite finding myself there, I stayed there, watching this film. Yes, another wild Saturday night for me.

The movie was called "Boys and Girls". I remember this one getting some horrible reviews when it first came out and rightly so. But it was one of those things where it was just so easy to watch and the leading lady was pretty hot, so hey, why not? Bad acting, horrible dialogue and Jason Biggs as the Wacky Buddy -- what more can I want? Well, lots more, but that's neither here nor there. Anyway, the tag line for this movie when it was on posters and such was "Sex changes everything." That is so true. And no one ever really thought about that until this Freddy Prinze vehicle came along. Thank Christ. And when I say Christ, I mean Freddy Prinze Jr.

I do believe that this is the first movie in cinematic history that had glow in the dark stars as a major plot point. Well, "plot" might be too strong a word. But it was the stars on the girl's ceiling that made Freddy realize how much he loved her, and they formed a pattern that emulated their relationship. Spoiler alert!

Anyway, since my Saturday night was lamed up by this movie, I plan on making my Sunday night more of a party. I think I'm just going to go to my basement, take eleven sleeping pills, drink a bottle of whiskey and wait for the warmth of a coma to take over me. Just kidding. I don't have a basement.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006