Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Thursday, August 14, 2003


I don't have much to say today. I can't really think of anything interesting to talk about. The building I work in is having an "Ice Cream Social" in a couple of weeks. That is really fucking exciting. We get to pretend like we are kids again. I think we are having a Field Day at the end of the summer as well. Tomorrow is kickball. I just ate some glue. The kid next to me just peed himself.

We had a big Ice Cream Social last year, and it basically consisted of a long line of khaki pants waiting for some ice cream. There wasn't much socializing. Here was what I remember being said:

-- Whoa - long fucking line, huh?
-- Damn. This is a long line. You'd think they were giving away money.
-- Holy shit, this line is long.
-- Yeah, but it's moving fast.
-- Did you get those numbers I sent to you? I need that by the end of the day. Get me some ice cream too. I don't care. Something with strawberry. I'm not waiting in this fucking line.
-- Jesus Christ, what the hell is going on here? Oh, the ice cream thing. Fuck that. I don't like ice cream that much.

So I concluded that most people like ice cream and will wait in a long line when it's free. They also curse a lot.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006