Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Tuesday, July 22, 2003


You know what's awesome about God? He never has to ask for directions. He can never get lost. That'd be sweet. I wish I was fucking God. Well, not actually fucking God. I imagine that would be way too intense. And He'd probably want to be the one to fuck me, you know? I don't think God would want to be on the receiving end. Anyway, what I should have said was, I fucking wish I was God. Or perhaps I should have just left the "fucking" out altogether. I mean, I am talking about God. He might find me one day and be like, "Toole. Hey, listen. I enjoy the blogging, but all that cursing. Is it really necessary? Just a thought. I think your humor stands well enough on its own without all that foul language. Especially that part about you having relations with Me. No offense, man, but I wouldn't fuck you with Buddha's dick. Just jokes, dude. Keep up the cursing, you asshole. But seriously, I would never fuck you."

Anyway, back to my original point. It would be nice to never have to ask for directions. God knows where everything is. I was just thinking about this because I saw a ton of people lost on my lunch break. I helped none of them. Someone actually asked me recently where this dive bar was and I knew where it was. It's not a popular bar at all, so the fact that they asked someone who knew was pretty impressive and lucky. I guess I have that "He must know where a lot of dive bars are" kind of look. I hate when people ask me where something is that I should absolutely know, like the Empire State Building. The last time I was asked that I actually looked up at the buildings, as if these tourists wouldn't have thought of that. I had no idea what street it was on. So I thought I'd look up, assuming it'd be right there. You'd be amazed how often you can't see that big bastard. You'd also be amazed at how stupid I looked when I did that. I should have just said "Me no speak English" and ran away. But I just kept babbling. I was like, "I know it's around here somewhere. I just saw it." It was like I was looking for my keys. I pointed them in a general direction and wished them the best. I was afraid I was going to see the cover of the NY Post the next day with the headline, "TOURISTS MURDERED WHILE LOOKING FOR EMPIRE STATE BUILDING" with the subhead, "Local Idiot Responsible."
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006