Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, July 23, 2003


I recently spoke about being really drunk. One of the things I actually did recall from that day was some guy I exchanged words with and really wanted to punch. I don't remember the specifics of the dialogue, but I do know that the word "asshole" was used quite a bit. The whole thing started when I noticed this kid, and I had to do a double take because from far away, he looked exactly like a friend of mine. Later (and drunker) on in the day, he moved closer to the group I was with and I thought it'd be a good idea to get a photo with him to show my friend and say, "Hey look! This guy looks sort of like you!"

I will now present two conversations the same way Dateline NBC would do it. At first you will totally be on my side, and then you will change your mind.

Me: Hey dude. You mind if I take a picture of you? You look exactly like a friend of mine.
Dude: (camera clicks) You're an asshole.
Me: What? You're an asshole, you asshole.
Dude: Whatever asshole.

This guy is a total dick, right? I mean, I did nothing wrong and he calls me an asshole. If someone told me I looked like a friend I'd say something like, "Oh yeah, he must be some hot piece of ass, huh?"

But before you jump to any conclusions, I learned today that this is a more accurate portrayal.

Me: Hey dude. You mind if I take a picture of you? You look exactly like a friend of mine.
Dude: Ok.
Me: And my friend looks exactly like a troll. (camera clicks)
Dude: You're an asshole.

OK, so maybe I should not have said that.

Now that I've seen a picture of the guy, he really only slightly resembles my friend. They both have good tans. I was drunk.

*** UPDATE: It turns out that a friend took advantage of the fact that I didn't recall anything and thought it would be amusing to tell me I said that. I have since found out that I did not say that and I am no longer the asshole. I can now safely say that the other guy is the asshole. And he looks like a troll. I was going to delete this post, but hey, even if it's bullplop, it's still pretty funny. ***
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006