Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, July 09, 2003


Here are things I hate to see in movies:

-- People eating loudly.
-- Main characters being really loud or obnoxious during a scene, yet no one around them seems to care.
-- Nicolas Cage.

I write this because they are filming a movie in my neighborhood. When I say they, I mean Hollywood. I recognized Natasha Lyonne from American Pie and The Slums of Beverly Hills, and some guy in a cowboy hat.

I was walking with my roommate after I got something to eat, and we were approaching the corner they were filming on. About 15 feet before we got there, a guy was telling people walking by, "Please when you walk by, do NOT look to the left. If you look to the left, the shot will be ruined and useless." Well, I certainly don't want to ruin any kind of Hollywood magic, especially with the uber-talented Natasha Lyonne.

So we walk by what they are filming and out of the corner of my eye, I see that the scene they are shooting has the cowboy wrestling with the girl, right there on the street. Not like professional wrestling with tights and Captain Lou Albano, but some struggling on the ground, as if he was trying to mug her. Now, if this was real life, we all would have looked to our left because there was a girl being attacked by a cowboy in Brooklyn. We don't have cowboys in Brooklyn. We have hipsters that wear cowboy hats, but no real cowboys, so this would be odd. If you happen to see this film when it comes to a theater near you, please look for the wrestling scene and look in the background. You might see me explaining to my roommate exactly what I just said here.

I should have ruined that shot by yelling, "Hey cowboy! What are you doing?! Get off of Natasha Lyonne!" I would have made the outtake reel on the DVD.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006