Blogging Like I've Never Blogged Before

Wednesday, July 09, 2003


Here are some quotes from songs that go through my head when I'm at work:

-- "I'm not here. Is this really happening?" --Radiohead; I always thought I'd have a cool job title, like President of Testing Video Games While Drunk.

-- "Fuck you, I won't do what you tell me." --Rage Against the Machine; I hate the band, but they make a good argument.

-- "Oops I did it again." -- Britney Spears; I just like to think about Britney, although it was revealed that she's a dirty slut!

-- "I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drums all day." --Not sure who sang it, but it's always on some cheesy radio station at 5:00; While it's true that I don't want to work, I don't have drums, and even if I did, I probably wouldn't want to bang on them all day. But that's not really the point. It's a metaphor for being young again and having a rambunctious spirit, although I would probably just sleep all day. I'd probably dream about banging on drums. Or supermodels. Or supermodels banging drums.

-- "I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride, I'm wanted (WANTED!) dead or alive." --Bon Jovi; I often like to pretend that I'm a wanted man. And I'm from New Jersey, so there is always a Bon Jovi song rattling around somewhere up there.

-- "Damn it feels good to be a gangster." --From Office Space; Is there a better scene in a film that depicts what people really want to do at work? I don't think so. I saw that movie before I ever worked in an office, so I thought it was only mildly amusing. Now, that I've been at my current job for 3 and a half years (please kill me), I realize the movie is hilarious, yet after I watch it, I'm always a little sad.
All material © Mike Toole; 2003 - 2006